We are happy to announce that Marshall Lane Elementary will have a transitional kindergarten class for the 2014/2015 school year.
The Governing Board believes that appropriate homework provides benefits in many ways:
· Homework can provide a daily or frequent check-in to measure a student’s grasp of concepts taught in class, and highlight for the classroom teacher areas needing additional focus. Homework assignments are designed to extend and practice what has been learned in the classroom, and students should be able to complete the homework assignments independently. Parents, or persons assisting with the homework may notify their children’s teachers if the children struggle with completing the homework assignments independently, as this may highlight for the classroom teacher areas needing additional focus
· Homework can be used to direct creative efforts and research projects that extend beyond the practical boundaries of the day-to-day classroom.
· Regular homework assignments encourage students to develop self-discipline, self-reliance and prioritization skills. In certain cases, homework provides parents with a useful way to monitor the academic progress and capabilities of their children.
· Homework is most valuable where it leads to timely feedback and targeted instruction by classroom teachers to students.
· The Board believes homework should be purposeful, and also values learning opportunities that result from extra-curricular activities and time spent with families and friends.
8/27 Kindergarten Back to School Night
9/1 Labor Day - No School
9/3 Back to School Night for Grades 1-5
9/11 7:00pm Governing Board Meeting at CUSD Administration Office
9/25 6:00pm State of the District Presentation in the Campbell Community Center
10/2 7:00pm Governing Board Meeting at CUSD Administration Office
10/3 Professional Developement Day - No School for Students
10/6-10 Parent-Teacher Conference Days - Students Dismissed Early
10/22 7:00pm Rising Young Authors Event at Barnes & Noble Stevens Creek Store
10/23 7:00pm Governing Board Meeting at CUSD Administration Office
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 August 2014 10:34|